Sarasota County recently analyzed its demographics, and I found them interesting enough to pass along. You may click here to download the official summary. in the meantime, here's my takeaway:
In my more than 20 years of living in Sarasota, I have seen this vibrant community continue to grow and change, largely thanks to the influx of new residents who add their experiences to the mix.
Yes, our population growth comes entirely from people who choose to make their homes in this interesting part of Florida.
About 100 people a week make the move to join our community.
As the Institute for the Ages no doubt will affirm, Sarasota ranks as a "hot bed" for think tanks and companies interested in exploring aging populations because we host one of the highest percentage of older adults in Florida. Retirees who move to our area find everything from large-print street signs to excellent medical services, all tailored to support your lifestyle.
Long-time residents tend to think of Sarasota as a small town and, indeed, the place does retain that look and feel. The pace is relaxed and resort-like. There are interesting specialty shops, abundant farmers markets, frequent festivities and even parades down Main Street. Fortunately, the small-town vibe belies the fact that Sarasota boasts a county population of 379,448 making it the 14th most populous county in Florida. That's a good thing because it takes a strong community to support the big-city amenities of "Florida's Cultural Coast."
Demographic profile Reports:
- Sarasota County: How Are We Aging?
- Sarasota County: How Are We Employed?
- Sarasota County: How Educated Are We?
- Sarasota County: How Have We Grown?
- What is Our Household Make-up?
- What is Our Income Level?
- Change in Population 2004-2010 Sarasota
- Sarasota County Change in Land Area 2006-2010
- Population & Estimated Housing Demands
- 2000 Census Demographic Profile
- 2010 Census Profile Map for Florida
- Census 2010 General Population and Housing Characteristics
- 2011 Sarasota County and Nearby County Population Projections
- Annual Growth Rate 1980-2011 County and Cities
- Annual Population 1930-2011 County and Cities
- Average Household size Census 2000 and Census 2010
For more information about Sarasota & Her Islands, please call Louis Wery at 941.232.3001 • LouisWery@gmail.com